Wednesday, May 28, 2008

AT&T Moment

I can't believe what I did this evening. I had two year old meltdown on the phone while talking to the AT&T customer service rep. I had a good reason though - I had purchased a usb port a few weeks ago that unknowingly was not compatible with my laptop therefore I returned the gadget with the expectation that everything would be voided etc. A few weeks later I started getting bills from AT&T then delinquent bills started coming in the mail and I immediately called customer service. That was a joke because I had hung up with no help in site and had to return to the store with the intentions of having everything cleared up once the representative went into the computer system and printed out a 2nd & 3rd receipt. Why today, when I came home from a really really really long day at work and found another bill from them waiting and staring up at me from the table. I grabbed my cellphone and called those &%%%##@@@ (pardon me) and the customer service rep had the nerve to tell me I would have to go back to the store and when she said that I lost it and started screaming like a two year old at the lady. She probably thought I was crazy but I was fed up with the run around approach and asked to speak with a manager. She put the manager on the phone after a few minutes on hold and the manager took care of me immediately after viewing my account that showed I had not used any minutes. She apologized repeatedly and stated that they didn't want to loose me as a customer. I responded with disgust in reference to the treatment I had received trying to clear up the account issue. She apologized again and said she would take care of everything. I felt bad screaming at the lady but it did feel good...heeeeee...heeee...try it sometimes just have a complete meltdown on someone you don't know over the phone its a bit liberating...I 'm kidding that was not an excuse but after my long day someone had to feel the heat...sorry AT&T. Do you think they would be interested in sending me a free iphone for my troubles...

No comments: