Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm so excited!

I was so excited yesterday (Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009) that I was unable to post anything. As of 11am'ish (central standard time) President Elect Barack Obama has been sworn in as the 44th President of the United States of America. I'm overwhelmed with joy, excitement, anticipation and change. We the people have voted our first African American President into office. Yesterday I woke up floating on a cloud because I was proud to be an American because as a country we have come together for CHANGE! From celebrities to every day people have spoken about the feeling of change that has taken over the world. Countries are expressing their support of President Obama. We have begun a new year with hope! I love seeing my president and first lady walk hand and hand. It is an amazing feeling looking at them and saying to myself "They look like me!" The dream of our forefathers is alive - a reality! Everything I'm feeling right now will be cherished. I'm still floating because we did it! Visit www.whitehouse.gov for yourself....

No comments: