Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happy 36th Birthday

It is official - I'm thirtysomething soon to be fortysomething. This year I didn't plan anything big - I just slept in, ran a few errands, requested Whitney to make me a few birthday cupcakes and had dinner with Penny and Gerry. I wanted my birthday (Sept 27th) to be a day I just went with the flow and did whatever. I accomplished my goal. Because Penny called that afternoon early and asked if I had plans and I told her no. She said come over Gerry and I are grilling and we want to help you celebrate your birthday. I thought how sweet and heck yeah I'm there.

I've celebrated many birthdays with Penny, Gerry and Katie Bradley. Penny never forgets and always makes you feel special. She and her family are blessings in my life because what better way to celebrate your special day than with friends who are the family you've chosen. We ate an amazing dinner and drank an even more amazing wine. Food and wine - what a great combination! We sat outside on the deck listening to Latin fusion, sipping our wine and discussing politics. Woooo....the current state of what is going on with the upcoming election, current candidates Obama (Democrat) & that "ole white haired" (Republican) will be one for the history books. Well first Obama is half Nigerian and White with the other candidate being your traditional good ole boy....who would have ever thought that the presidential race would come down to two men totally opposite in a million ways. But I can say that Obama is a gentleman to core because during and after the first presidential debate this past Friday night; he showed the world that no matter the ole white haired man's demeanor towards him he would treat him with respect and dignity.....I'm going to assume Obama was raised to respect your elders...LOL....but enough about that I will definitely have to blog about my thoughts on this.

Back to my birthday...it was simple, enjoyable and exactly what God knew I needed. Turning 36 years old is a blessing that I will not take for granted. Another birthday another blessing - Thank you God!

No comments: